Sunday 18 September 2011

DVD Shopping Spree @TS Jurong Point

Yesterday I went to Jurong Point with the purpose of depositing my cheque. Once my main business done, I thought of having lunch at Burger King taking advantage of their 11.30pm-3pm S$4.50 lunch hour package which is similar to McDonald's lunch package. To my dismay, such package is not valid on Saturday. It costed me S$7.90 to have BK Mushroom Swiss Tender Grilled Chicken burger with onion rings and a regular Sprite.

In the midst of window shopping in Jurong Point, I found out that TS branch was selling their CD/VCD/DVD at discounted prices up to 50% in preparation for their renovation work. The cheapest was CD/VCD at S$1.00. I bought three DVDs of Japanese drama and a DVD of combo movies amounting to S$56; Mr.Brain (S$24 S$26), Code Blue Season 1 &2 (S$13 S$25 each), Sand Chronicles and L.O.V.E. (S$6 S$10).

Being once a regular buyer of fake DVD and a kiasu internet user who watch only internet streaming video, I was aghast when I tried to play the original DVD of Mr.Brain using window media player version 11. All I got was a wide screen high quality video with subtitle but with no audio! I thought I had been ripped off only to find out from google that VOB files can only be played with window media player version 12 and above or alternatively VLC player downloadable via internet.



2 comments:

  1. Great stuff from you, man. Ive read your stuff before and youre just too awesome. I love what you’ve got here, love what youre saying and the way you say it. You make it entertaining and you still manage to keep it smart. I cant wait to read more from you. this is really a great blog. Daily Deals

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the greatest contents on your blog and I absolutely love reading them.
    spreets

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...