Saturday 7 May 2011

Passport renewal @High Commission of Malaysia, Singapore

The last time I renewed my passport at Penang Immigration, Seberang Perai in 2006, I had to return there to collect my passport after a week. This time in Singapore, I could get it right on the same day of application provided it was done in the morning within the same day. If application is submitted after lunch, you may collect your new passport the next working day. Super fast and efficient! I could have dreaded my count down to the last day I need to renew my passport in JB should I have not known that I could do it at High Commission of Malaysia in Singapore.

I just needed to bring a photocopy of Malaysia IC, Singapore IC or work permit, two passport photo plus S$124 as renewal fee and of course my old passport. High Commission of Malaysia is located at Jervois Road near to Valley Point shopping centre. Reached there around 8am by bus no 65. Form was given free at security guard house and I handed over my Malaysia driving license for the pass entry.

The form is simple and can be completely filled in within 5 minutes. One thing to take note is that the current address must be a residential place in Singapore. You may also get your photo at the same place as they have photo kiosk too. I submitted my application by 9am and was told able to collect my passport after 2pm the same day :-)


Finally I got a new passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...