Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day 2012



Today is Mother's Day. I wish I have annual leave to apply so that I can go back to celebrate this special day with mom and dad. Sadly, my current employer provides only 7days of annual leave per year; the minimum requirement under the local employment act. I used to enjoy 18days or more annual leave by previous employers. When such benefit is gone, I can feel the pain of losing the comfort and privilege of getting off day without affecting my next pay. That would be one of the factors I will quit when my contract ends albeit I enjoy the nature of my job; teaching.

I guess mom is happy enough to receive a morning call from me instead. This year, my sister came back to hometown and probably would bring mom & dad out for a special dining-out. Last year, my brothers celebrated Mother's Day with mom & dad.

My puppy love came back to haunt me again in my dream after so many years. Just a hug from the person, I had a crush on, drove me insane. I locked myself in a wooden house before burning it down. I survived, and I ran to a cliff before jumping into a raging river. My crush followed me and jumped as well happily ever after...  before I woke up emotionally drained. I resumed to take a short nap to kill off the lovesickness. As usual, time will heal and I will forget this the next day.

It's been 2 months since I had meals with family members. Today lunchtime, I was blessed with a rare experience of having meals with a family. I was having my vegetarian lunch at hawker center when a lady asked me to allow her to share table. Few minutes later, I found myself having lunch with the lady including her family of 5 members. I felt love like I was having meals with my family. But I felt awkward too when I noticed there are empty tables nearby. Just because people usually don't share table with strangers when there are empty tables around. The kid of the family even asked his father who I am. How wonderful life is if everyone is like this family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...