Saturday 22 October 2011

Work at Worst

I was called to an "urgent meeting" today. The sales manager said it's better to discuss in a room which only took a short while knowing that I was busy with a project. I thought he would like to discuss something that he didn't want others to hear about. The HR also came in to my surprise. "So another problem by an employee which need my intervention?" I thought. To my dismay, it was an inquiry to my so-called misconduct.

Sales Manager: Why didn't you inform us that you  are on medical leave yesterday. The whole world is looking for you.
Me: I have informed Ms. X (HR) as per procedure (HR code of conduct). This is what I do all this while.
Sales Manager/HR: So it's not your fault....
Me: Do I need to inform "the whole world" in future?

Obviously the HR system is a failure. Employee is being called to an inquiry as prime suspect of a misconduct when the system itself is the main rootcause. They could have avoided this unnecessary humiliating inquiry if they have checked among themselves in the first place. This experience shed some light as to why many employees feel the employer is such an asshole. The code of conduct is just another asshole white papers. I can't wait to my last day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...