Friday 21 October 2011

Medical Hibernation

Me: I have been coughing since last 3 weeks. It seems to get worse.
Doctor: Normally we will take X-ray if more than one month. Hopefully it is not....
Me: (WTF shock!)

I was given "sleeping" Polarax pills for running nose, "sleeping" cough syrup and antibiotic Clarithromycin medication. Consequently, I slept for 7 hours today. After taking a second round of medication, I am sleepy again now. My coughing has been reduced significantly.

Nevertheless, an important lesson I have learnt after having suffered a 3-weeks of coughing; bacterial infection from nasal to lung is not treatable with Chinese herbal cough syrup. Even lozenge like Fisherman is ineffective to suppress the symptom. Once taken, it lasted only an hour or less before my persistent coughing  resumed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...