Saturday 4 June 2011

Breaking my 3-years blood-donation phobia

3 years had passed since I avoided from donating blood. Everytime during blood taking process, my blood was flowing into the donation bag at a very slow rate as compared to others. Half the time, my blood clotted and the nurse would pull in and out slightly the needle to "de-clot" my blood flow. If failed, I would need to be needled on the other arm to continue the blood taking process.

For once, I failed to donate my blood due to blood clot in the middle of the process for both arms although my blood bag was half full. Fearing of blood clot and the pain of re-needle, I shun away from any blood donation after the last time in 2008.

Today, I donated my blood for the first time in Singapore at Vibrant Blood Orchard Central. Surprisingly, the whole process was smooth; no blood-clotting, no re-needle and no pain. Although my blood flow is still very slow as it took about 20minutes to get a 450ml bag full, I have successfully donated my blood with ease. So happy that I am looking forward to next donation this August.

Iron supplement; I love vanilla flavour that I tried to chew it which was a mistake.
The vanilla flavour enteric coating is supposed to protect the nutrients 
from stomach acid before getting absorbed in intestine 

Cute bandage; notice the dinosaur?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...