Saturday 12 November 2011

Morning Trauma Part 2

I was traumatized again due to another nightmare this morning. I found myself walking along the corridor on the ground floor of a three-storey building. The building was still under construction with no walls but beams and columns. I was frozen to shock when I felt the first wave of earth thrust right under my feet. I could even see the wave propagating from my position to the front causing others ahead stumbled as the wave went past them. Few seconds later, a second wave hit us again.

A man who just got out of the building signaled me to leave this building as he briskly walked away from the building. I  followed him immediately. As we stood at the open space with a safe distance away from the building, the ground started to shake continuously. I saw the structures of the building began to fall to the left direction like domino. To my horror, quite a number of construction workers, who were still in the second and third storey, were pinned down by the fallen columns. I was shaken terribly to see the workers were released from the falling columns yet pinned down again by the columns as the building was swayed from the left to the right by the earthquake before it finally stopped.

We were brought out from the scene to a shelter by some passing cars. I was dumbfounded. When a friend phoned me asking my condition, I broke into tears while venting out my feeling. This was my first experience of being in the scene of a fatal earthquake even that it was just a dream. It was so real and too much to bear with.

In a twist of moment, I found myself again at home looking for my family members. My sister was busy cooking in the kitchen. I found mom in the guest room lying on the bed. "Isn't mom supposed to be in the market in the morning?" I thought. I was shocked to see mom's leg were gone; amputated to the knee. "What happen!"

What a nightmare...

2 comments:

  1. Inception indeed. It has been so depressing as well. So who is the dream espion?

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...